Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Beginning

So this is my road to matriculation. My journey to obtain my MBA.  My quest to land myself in a more fulfilling career where I could get paid to do something I love.  I'm starting this blog a bit late, but my cousin continuously nags me to document my experience as opposed to complaining to her about it.  Finally, I've decided to listen to her.  Also, I've learned through the MBA application process that I am a horrendous writer and therefore, keeping this blog updated might help me with that. 

I'm going to try and remember everything that happened from the beginning and will try to blog once a day or more until I catch up to where I am now. 

After working in public accounting as a CPA for 3.5 years, I realized enough was enough.  I didn't hate my job, but I didn't enjoy it either.  I knew this wasn't a career I could do for the rest of my life, so I needed to get the hell out...pronto.   

Wtf get me out of here Spiderman in web

After talking to a bunch of friends, I decided the best way for me to career switch without having to start in the mail room was to get my MBA.  So in October 2010, I started studying for the infamous GMAT.  I wished I would have taken this test when I was a Junior/Senior in HS. I would have killed it! Thanks for testing us on concepts we learned 10 years ago GMAC.  So for the next two months, I was studying 2-4 hours every day after work on weekdays and 6-8 hours every weekend day.  For those two months, I was a slave to my GMAT book and I told my social life...

No comments:

Post a Comment